Personal Message from Sam


There are specific parts of my life that are very important to me such as family and schooling.  Baseball is also in this category.  Baseball is a sport that I take great pride in being able to play.  I love all aspects of it: my team, the competitiveness, and the overall concept of the game.

Baseball is a game of failure.  To succeed, you can fail 7 out of 10 times.  This makes it a hard game to play and also one where you can easily lose your focus.  You can find yourself in a slump and I've learned that whether it lasts a week or a month, you always have another at bat.  You can change your slump as easily as you can get into one; it's all just a matter of mental focus, confidence, and how you respond to failure.

These are traits I possess and they have helped me not only in baseball, but also in life.  Working hard will also make me a better baseball player.  This is something that I continue to do in order to make me a better athlete and person.

Sam